Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Merged Forest Color Maps all rendering in dark Gray...  (Read 2607 times)

Florian Albert

Merged Forest Color Maps all rendering in dark Gray...
« on: March 22, 2013, 11:39:36 AM »
Hi,

I have the Problem that all Preset Objects an new Library Objects like Leaves and Grass are rendering in drak gray if there is an Forest Color Map aplied to the Library Material. I attached two images: On Test_01.jpg you can see it on the leaves of the daisys (Trunk and Flower without FC are fine) and on Test_02.jpg you can see it on all the leaves. All textures are loaded propperley as far as I can see...  Beside the dark color there is another issue, vraySpawners on render servers do not render theese scenes until I replace forest color by a normal bitmap texture...
Is there any workaround or bugfix?

Cheers
Florian
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 11:48:58 AM by PU1407 »

Jose

Re: Merged Forest Color Maps all rendering in dark Gray...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 12:44:39 PM »
Hello, Florian

I need to know which version of Max and Vray you are using. And if  the problem appears with the presets unmodified from the library.

Looking at the pictures I can assume that  must be some problems with materials maps. It would be helpful if you could send us the scene that gives problems to study here.

You can send files to support@itoosoft.com

Regards.
José Antonio Cordón
Itoo Software
www.itoosoft.com
jcordon@itoosoft.com

Florian Albert

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 01:02:12 PM »
Hello José,

I am running MaxDesign 2013, Vray 2.40.03 an ForestPro 4.0.2.
If I open one of the presets files e.g. the "_fp_vray_fallen_leaves_maple.max" everything looks fine, the problem appears only using the presets from Library browser...
I sent you the file separatly via email..

Thank you

Florian

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 05:38:07 PM »

We have found a bug in Forest Color: it triggers an exception in VRay (it is visible in the vraylog), when rendering animations.

I have sent you a patch by e-mail. Please, tell me if that solves the problem. I apologize for the problems.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Florian Albert

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 02:13:41 PM »
Hello Carlos,

nothing to apologize, thank you for the justintime bugfixing on friday afternoon! I did some quick tests this morning with the new DLL and everything works perfect now.

Thanks for a great piece of software an have a nice weekend

Florian