Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Older Library Model Conversions VRay  (Read 189 times)

LunarStudio

• LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
Older Library Model Conversions VRay
« on: March 31, 2022, 04:47:28 PM »
I loaded up an older library for the latest VRay and it's not converting or using the materials properly. It's a Vizpark Library.
It has a bunch of items which I believe are unsupported with the latest VRay.

If I manually convert the material over so that it works again within my current scene, how do I go about saving the material again so that next time the model uses the updated one?

Is it not possible and that I need to manually convert each model separately in its own max file now?

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Older Library Model Conversions VRay
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 06:34:08 PM »
Hi,

I'm not sure how the VizPark libraries are organised. If they have separate Material libraries (*.mat) you should replace the materials in those. If the materials are saved in the max files themselves you'll need to change them in those source files. I'm afraid there's not a Forest Pack function that will update the sources from the current scene.

Best,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Nir Sullam

Re: Older Library Model Conversions VRay
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 08:31:13 PM »
I loaded up an older library for the latest  and it's not converting or using the materials properly. It's a Vizpark Library.
It has a bunch of items which I believe are unsupported with the latest .

If I manually convert the material over so that it works again within my current scene, how do I go about saving the material again so that next time the model uses the updated one?

Is it not possible and that I need to manually convert each model separately in its own max file now?

Do you mean that the textures are not found ? Why should you convert it ?
There is a script by Pixamoon which is awesome which will allow you to convert a full library in seconds (both relinking textures and re-saving the files and set them to Vray)