Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Build wood piles in Forest Pro?  (Read 1742 times)

perpixel

• perpixel
Build wood piles in Forest Pro?
« on: May 01, 2014, 03:54:46 PM »
Hi
I try to use Forest Pro building big wood piles visualize a store for a pulp fiber industri.
Try to rotate a ForestPro created pile 90 degrees.. then strange things happens.
The pile disappear or move slightly with every new rendering.
I use the XForm modifier in 3DS max and rotate w gizmo.
Do anyone have an idea? Enclosed a sketch render.

Thanks
Per Pixel
Sweden
perpixel

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Build wood piles in Forest Pro?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 09:23:53 AM »
Hi,

I suggest you to create your Forest objects directly from Front / Left view to avoid using of XForm utility.

Generally, we don't recommend to use any modifier over our plug-in to avoid possible issues. The Forest objects are every time while rendering reconstructed based on scene position and coordinates of used splines / surfaces so it shouldn't be transformed or moved.

Anyway by adjusting Rotation parameters under Transform tab you can archive the same. Hope this helps you.

Kind regards,
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 09:50:45 AM by Michal Karmazín »

perpixel

• perpixel
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 12:11:04 PM »
Fine!.. it worked when i put wood logs from front view..
... but I have to create about 150 piles.... big storage... and Forest Pro do not like to be copied or instanced. Piles disappears.
Any solution on this?
Per
perpixel

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 12:56:10 PM »
Hi,

Please double check that you are copying both of used objects - Forest and it's area spline / surface. It should work fine.

There is another workaround if you don't want to have so many objects in your scene using UV Mode under Surface tab. While using plane as surface object you can copy it as many times as needed and than attach all copies to single mesh. This can be used for scattering with Forest Pack Pro in UV mode. Please check screenshots attached.

Kind regards,
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 01:01:28 PM by Michal Karmazín »