Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Oscar 2013 effects  (Read 5497 times)

amitgedia

Oscar 2013 effects
« on: October 24, 2017, 04:09:27 PM »
Hi all,
can the effect shown in the image be achieved by FPP,
if yes then can someone provide a sample file for it please (if someone can spare time to make a max file)
the scatter effect behind the host is in a curve and the rest is up and down
below is the sample image for it
thanks in advance

FC1888

Re: Oscar 2013 effects
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 06:08:13 PM »
Don't see why not. just have to model the pole with light on top, then scatter then around on a designated surface. One slight problem, I think ,would be transforms. Rotation would be unnecessary, translation so so. but it's scale that would be tricky. since the poles are varying in height, but the bulb at the top stays the same. it would be tricky to vary the z scale values to get the variation needed, since the bulb would be scaled along with the pole. You could of course try RailClone, which would be capable of scaling the pole but not the bulb, however, it's not a scattering program. Then again the scattering of these things, doesn't seem not be be that random, so perhaps a few circular paths (splines), would suffice for placing the poles and if so, then Railclone should be the better choice...Sorry I don't have the time to create a simple scene right now, to busy rendering out the latest project images.. but looking forward to seeing what others have to say.

amitgedia

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 07:48:58 PM »
Hi FC1888,
Thanks for the reply.
The other scatter is possible and i can do that its just the curve scatter that i am concerned with
(attaching the image below)

i tried doing it with probability curve, transform scale, using map for transform scale but all in vain nothing worked out

attaching the .max file (version 2015, vray 3.60.03) if someone wants to try. the .max file just has the light pole and nothing else

Thanks in advance again for the help

FC1888

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 11:10:33 PM »
Here's an idea. How about using a NON renderable surface, that dips in the middle, scatter the poles on that (Cannot use a spline, since that objects will always scatter at the max Z position of a spline).

Now model the real platform, Renderable of course and so the poles will appear to be shorter in the centre and taller toward the edges.

You could always add the displace modifier to the (non rendered) surface (NOT VRAY DISPLACEMENT) to give some randomness to the heights

Something like this, the highlighted surface, is made non renderable but is used for the scatter
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 11:39:37 PM by FC1888 »

Rokas

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 07:44:40 AM »
Similar topic has been discused before:
see this thread: https://forum.itoosoft.com/forest-pro-(*)/maintaining-scale-on-variing-heights-hanging-lamps/msg9866/#msg9866

I understand that You want forestpack to be used and there was solution with RailClone, but thought it might help You still.

edit:updated link
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 10:48:05 AM by Rokas »
Rokas

amitgedia

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 10:32:54 AM »
Hi,
Thanks FC1888 and Rokas for the reply and help,
the solution suggested by FC1888 would definitely be workable, thanks again for it
also Rokas the link provided by you goes to the main board rather than the topic page so please if you can reupload the link it would be of much use, i will look into that thread as well and combine both the solutions and workout mine and will also share what i finally did to achieve the effect..
thanks to both of you once again...

Rokas

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 10:48:40 AM »
updated link in post above
Rokas

amitgedia

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 12:33:26 PM »
Hi Guys,
I tried both of your method, mixed matched it and finally got the results

As FC1888 suggested i kept the underlying scatter surface non renderable and will put another surface/geometry below it as the base

Thanks to you both for the help

Sharing the jpegs and the .max file (3dsmax 2015, Vray 3.60.03) for those who need the same effects for their projects in future

Thanks once again..
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 12:35:22 PM by amitgedia »