Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Assets paths with "Found"  (Read 666 times)

GH3184

Assets paths with "Found"
« on: November 02, 2022, 01:37:43 PM »
Hi. We are aiming to have all assets identified as OK in the 3ds max asset tracker, but have some trouble with achieving that using forest pack.
In the source forest scene, all the assets are linked correctly, all with status OK. When using a forest from this source scene as preset in another scene, (loaded with "xref to library") the same assets are suddenly just "Found". They need to be remapped every time for good stability on the render farm, for an example. Why is the path suddenly missing, and how can I fix it without having to retarget them every time I use a new forest from out presets library?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Assets paths with "Found"
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 02:17:34 PM »
Hi,

Resolving all references used by the Forest Pack plug-in within the Asset Tracker to absolute UNC paths should do the trick. The "default" file handling is controlled by 3ds Max and it can be adjusted under Options - Preference Settings - File Handling - Convert file paths to UNC. This way all your scenes should use UNC paths.

Best regards,

GH3184

Re: Assets paths with "Found"
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 02:34:40 PM »
Thanks for response. However, I tried, and it didn't solve the problem. When loading a preset, the assets are still loaded with a status:Found, with empty parameter in "Full Path". While these paths are all sorted out with OK in the source scene where the forest is loaded from. I was hoping to get around the remapping every time a new forest is loaded.