Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Changing grass color in Max and Arnold  (Read 677 times)

PH9759

Changing grass color in Max and Arnold
« on: April 21, 2022, 01:52:52 PM »
Hi, I'm only a week into Forest Pack and am loving it. At last vegetation where and when I want!

How do I change the color of grass?

I've played with all the slider options under the material rollout, having first pressed the optimize materials button, but nothing seems to happen.
I can get trees to change color, but not grass. I tried both layered lawns and the wild grasses in the library (3D, Flowers and Grass folder), but couldn't get either to work.

I'm using 3DS Max 2022 and Forest Pack 7.3.1.

Thanks

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Changing grass color in Max and Arnold
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 08:05:23 AM »
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear, you're facing these troubles. Upon my quick test with the first preset (Grass Base Layer 1 Detail) from the Layered Lawns, the Color Correction tool seems to work correctly. Please double-check, that you‘re using the Compatibility Mode: 3ds Max Maps Support.

As it's really hard to say, what's happening in your scene just from the provided description - if possible, please feel free to send us your scene (ideally simplified and containing just this problematic object(s)) to check it here. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

PH9759

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 09:26:18 AM »
What's the latest version of Arnold I should be using?
I'm on 5.0.4.4 at the moment.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 10:01:49 AM »
Hi,

In case of using the Forest Pack 7.3.1, that’s a correct Arnold version (MAXtoA 5.0.x / Arnold 7.0.0.x). Let me mention, that a while ago, we've published the Forest Pack Pro 7.4.0 beta with support for Arnold 7.1 (MaxToA 5.2 and greater). Please feel free to give it a try (you can download it from the User Panel - Downloads - Beta versions).

Best regards,