Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Physics to FP  (Read 1563 times)

Arkviz

Physics to FP
« on: October 08, 2018, 05:46:14 AM »
Hello,
 I'm wondering if there is a plan to include Physics to FP objects?  I love FP but to really get an extra step of realism they should interact with other objects.

Thanks,

Fernando

Rokas

Re: Physics to FP
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 08:58:09 AM »
Hi Thanks for interest in ForestPack. We do offer some collision detection for increased accuracy for scattered items.
We offer some great effects like Bend by Object and others which do add another level of realism.

What other features do You suggest to implement while scattering objects?
Rokas

Arkviz

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 05:40:04 PM »
Hi Rokas,
 an option to run physx or MaxFX inside a FP....Would be great if you can populate something, setting the z value few inches from the surface and then run physics to get them in contact to the surface in the way they should.

Fernando.

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 06:48:15 PM »
I am afraid MassFX integration is beyond ForestPack purpose- scatter almost unlimited amount of geometry very efficiently.

From Your described simulation most of the trees would end up like this:

Anyway do not feel limited. Feel free to use current ForestPack even with MaxFluids- just set them to Viewport- Mesh mode.
Rokas

Arkviz

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 04:49:19 AM »
trees are not the best example for that
the situations that I think are more useful only to mention a few
- stones
-leaves
-cars. the pivot point of the cars is most of the time on the center when you apply a FP where the surface is not that even you get 2-or 3 tires touching the surface and one or 2 floating.
-debris.

Check out PhysX Painter

Fernando
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 04:53:32 AM by Arkviz »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 08:55:31 AM »
Hi Fernando,

We'll think on your suggestion, but as Rokas said, probably is beyond of Forest Pack purpose.

Physics requires to compute a simulation, so it may work fine with a few objects. But with large distributions, the computation rises up exponentially.
I think that would be very problematic with Forest Pack, which was designed to handle tons of items at realtime.

We have used Physx Painter sometimes, and is very cool. But as expected, too slow for large areas.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 08:57:38 AM by iToo »
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Arkviz

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 05:13:26 PM »
Hi Carlos,
 Yes, I agree with you but that kind of feature wouldn't be a default solution...if one can activate it when is needed would be great. The user has to know when and the situation that could help to get the results you want. Today if you want to archive that you have to populate with FP then collapse it so it's not a FP object anymore and then use Physics to get it done.... Having that option available in my opinion makes FP even stronger scatter tool.

Thanks.

Fernando