Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Distribution urgent issue - tightdeadline  (Read 1423 times)

Correntes

Distribution urgent issue - tightdeadline
« on: December 10, 2014, 11:57:40 AM »
Hello,

I have one distribution issue. Im using the latest beta build 4.3.2b

There are 2 models that I want to scatter.

As base scatter I have a bunch of planes with UV coordinates mapped so I have a white square on center.

I already managed get my objects scattered, the problem is that there's no diversity. Despite I have to models in the geometry panel forest pro only scatter one.

Its one object or the other, i cant mix the two. If i remove the map that im using for distribution (the one with a white square on center) I get the expected normal behaviour.

In the end, i need 1 random model in each plane properly aligned. Is there any way to get this distribution?

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:59:42 AM by Correntes »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Distribution urgent issue - tightdeadline
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 12:26:07 PM »
Hi,

I would suggest to use two Forest objects with the same Distribution Map settings (once your "base" geometry is scattered in a way you like, you can make a copy of this Forest object and change objects in Geometry tab to distribute multiple "top" items). This way you'll have these perfectly aligned with base object(s) in the other Forest object. Hope you'll find it useful.

Kind regards,

Correntes

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 01:03:58 PM »
Hello Michal Karmazín,

I only have one forest object that is scattering two models (a teapot and a knot).
My base scatter is 3d poly model with correct UV.

The problem is that despite I have 2 geometry on the forest object, only one is scattered at the time. (if I change the seed the model also changes)

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 01:11:21 PM »
Hi,

Would you kindly send us your scene through WeTransfer to support@itoosoft.com? We'll check it. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Correntes

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 02:26:55 PM »
Email sent.

Thanks in advance.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 03:43:14 PM »
Hi,

Thanks a lot for provided scene. The "lack of diversity" is because of to the way how the Distribution Map is used in combination with UV mode. Actually, all faces are sharing the same UV coordinates, so just one item is placed to that position in UV space.

Please, feel free to check attached scene with proposed solution. There is UVW Unwrap modifier applied with "packed UVs" to a rectangular grid and than Tiles map with corresponding number of tiles controlling the distribution for that Map Channel. This way each placed item is not sharing the position in UV space with any other item and it's calculated independently.

Kind regards,