Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Problem with using Path Mode  (Read 555 times)

link3d

Problem with using Path Mode
« on: August 17, 2022, 11:44:26 AM »
Hi,
I just want to create only one forest and add 4 proxy trees to the forest. Each tree should be connected with a spline and the respective tree should appear on each vertex point. In Distribution Path mode I can select different splines, but the 4 trees then mix on the splines. How can I add the respective tree species to the splines?

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Problem with using Path Mode
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 12:17:44 PM »
Hi,

I'm afraid that can't be done with Forest Pack at present. Although we can place objects on vertices, there's not a way to limit the geometry chosen by the spline. On the other hand, this would be quite easy to do with RailClone and as long as you disable slicing and bending for the segments shouldn't cause significant problems with memory usage. If you do use RailClone, I would suggest using the Selector operator set to Material ID mode and using that to select which trees are chosen.

I hope that helps,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

link3d

Re: Problem with using Path Mode
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 01:20:47 PM »
Thank you, It's worked out.
In the viewport, all four trees are now the same color. The color is defined by the Object Color.
Is there a possibility that the trees in the viewport get different colors? This makes it clearer and I can work better.
Thanks a lot.