Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: HQ Catalog - free samples  (Read 1833 times)

Raphael75

HQ Catalog - free samples
« on: June 17, 2014, 03:37:12 AM »
I picked up some free sample Xfrog Trees. How do I install in my library? I have the HQ Catalog and XfrogPlants too.

I have some libraries Archmodels, how do I import models to create a library? When I'd  import the models, they are lighter than merged from Archmodels?

Sorry for my english.  :o

Thank you.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: HQ Catalog - free samples
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 09:31:50 AM »
Hi,

Please note, that you can use any model inside the 3D Max scene as Custom Object under Geometry tab. So, if you Merge (or link as XRef) any model into your scene and then create Forest object you can pick it as Custom Object. Model linked as XRef will be not saved within the scene and everytime needed the model is loaded from it´s external reference file. Merge function will import whole geometry so the total size of the scene will increment of model size.

Anyway this process can be done easily in automatic way. For this purpose there is XFrog Catalog linking all models through Library Browser inside Forest Pack. Please check this page about Forest Pack support for XFrog plants.

Anyway, XFrog Catalog supports commercial plants packages so in case you have just free samples and you want to use Library Browser to insert them, you´ll need to add them to your own personal library. Here you can find instructions how to edit your personal libraries. Please also check this reference page describing functions of Library Browser.

Also have a good news about Evermotion's Archmodels. We´ll release Evermotion Catalog containing most used vegetation packages soon ...

Hope it helps you ;)

Raphael75

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 02:44:43 PM »
Thanks for the information. I'll try with them.

Good to know about Evermotion Catalog.

Raphael75

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 06:38:48 PM »
Sorry to my noob question.

How I do I insert a 3d model in my library (to create a personal library)?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 10:18:04 AM »
Hi,

Please check our reference page for Library Edition. By following described steps you should be able to add new objects easily, but in case of any troubles please let me know.

Kind regards,