Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Evermotion Catalog driving me crazy  (Read 4872 times)

FC1888

Evermotion Catalog driving me crazy
« on: June 06, 2017, 12:08:22 AM »
Now I understand that when you unpack an Evermotion Archmodels collection, you should keep the folder structure VRAY, MAPS etc, which I have done. I store my models on drive F... However after installing the Evermotion Catalog addon. I have a problem.

I select say Evermotion Catalog > Archmodels 58 and up comes a window full of thumbnails, all good. So I double click one of them and I am asked to "Select Installation Path". and this is where my problem starts.. The Browse For Folder Dialog is stuck on the desktop, so I am unable to browse any other drive.. Only the desktop

Is it me, is there something I am missing here. I am not about to fill my Desktop with folders full of models, that would be crazy.

Any ideas welcome, I am totally lost and I can usually figure this stuff out but for the life of me, I am stumped here

amitgedia

Re: Evermotion Catalog driving me crazy
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 12:50:10 AM »
also to add on certain evermotion folders it doesn't detect it says "The selected library doesn't contain Evermotion...........".
this is all due to unavailability of mental ray folders
i heard that FPP guys have released a .ms file for evermotion that solves this mental ray folder problem and helps install the libraries that only contain vray files
if the FPP guys can share that .ms file rto sort the problem it would be great

FC1888

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 02:29:02 AM »
Yes just search evermotionplants.ms and you'll find it, however that's not my problem.. I just can't figure out how to locate the Evermotion Volume, if it's not on the desktop :(

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 11:47:44 AM »
Hi,

That's a really strange problem. The "Browse For Folder" window is created by the Maxcript in a usual way, therefore I would suggest you to do a following test to double check its functionality. Please edit the evermotionplants.ms file located by default at

C:\Program Files (x86)\Itoo Software\Evermotion Catalog\lib

in a following way:

Try to put your path into the libpath variable (currently it's not specified: libpath = "") located at the line 140, to check if there's any difference (attaching screen-shots).

Thanks in advance for any further comments on this issue you can share about it with us / our user community (in case some user(s) will run into similar troubles).

Best regards,

FC1888

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 10:44:30 PM »
Right , firstly sorry for the late reply, so very busy recently.

So on to my problem. I edited the evermotionplants.ms as you suggested and yes no I can browse the drive for the evermotion collections I have. Yes a very strange problem and I have no explanation for it myself. However it doesn't appear to recognise or link to the maps/textures, when adding them to the geometry list. Am I missing something here or is that not a function of the library

Oh one more question is there a more up-to-date Evermotion catalog

Since the Evermotion Catalog I downloaded, only covers volumes 58, 85, 86, 100, 106, 124, 126 and 136.

Yet the updated evermotionplants.ms, someone uploaded here, for Vray users,  has entries for 42, 58, 61, 85, 86, 100, 106, 113, 117, 124, 126, 136 and 154

Anyway, many thanks for the prompt response and for getting me out of this predicament. Al appears to be ok now apart from having to use Asset Tracking to set the path to the textures for any Evermotion items I add to the geometry list

Back to work now, three projects down and one to go before end of the week.

While I understand you probably have more important things to work on and this is not your highest priority, it would be great to add volume 163.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 04:25:54 PM »
Hi,

First let me mention, that Evermotion Catalog doesn't configure texture paths, this is responsibility of the user.

The Archmodels vol. 163 is actually not supported by our Evermotion Catalog. As it's hard to say, when the next update of this add-on will be published (we'll try to prioritize it), please feel free to create your own library meanwhile. I would suggest to check our brand new "Creating Libraries" tutorial covering this topic in detail. Hope you'll find interesting and helpful.

Best regards,

FC1888

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 04:58:21 PM »
That's fair enough, I'm ok with using asset tracking to sort out the textures anyway.. and I will certainly give the creating libraries tut a look later. Many thanks