Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest Pack Pro Trees disappear and reappear in animation glitch  (Read 2455 times)

FC2591

Hi there, Forest Pack rules, but I have been having a problem with some trees seem to disappear and reappear in my scene as the camera moves. I had some limited success by removing all forest pack groups as excluding geometry. That solved some of the issues, but there are still some trees that constantly flicker in and out of existence every other frame in the animation. What do you suggest I do to solve this problem?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Forest Pack Pro Trees disappear and reappear in animation glitch
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 11:32:37 AM »
Hi,

Are you using the Camera - Distance Falloff - Density/Scale feature? As mentioned in our on-line reference guide:

"Be careful if you use falloffs with camera motion, because items may appear or disappear suddenly (the distance to camera changes when moving)."

Also, I would suggest you to double check settings of the Limit to visibility feature - raising the Expand / Back Offset value(s) might prevent that behaviour. Please have a look at the Camera section of our on-line reference guide for more detailed information.

Anyway, feel free to send us your scene to analyse it here. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

FC2591

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 03:26:37 PM »
Thank you for responding. Yes, I turned off the limit visibility function whenever possible. After checking the frames it seems like certain trees are disappearing every 5 frames in the render. Could that be a clue as to the problem? I've tried a lot of techniques, but can't figure it out. The scene I am working with is quite heavily treed out, which might be the root of the problem.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 04:17:31 PM »
Hi,

Are you able to reproduce this issue rendering locally / using network rendering / with distributed rendering?

In case of using DR, please follow our Distributed Rendering issues post to identify where the problem could be in your case. Basically, there are two common causes for similar issues: the plug-in is not properly installed on all render nodes, or there are missing assets. You can follow that basic "troubleshooting guide post" also for any other type of network rendering (as backburner).

Anyway, as mentioned previously, please feel free to send us your scene to analyse it here.

Best regards,

NCViz

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 01:57:30 PM »
I believe that we are having the same issue.

http://forum.itoosoft.com/index.php?topic=3913.0