Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Question about iToosoft and Krakatoa, please.  (Read 1287 times)

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
Question about iToosoft and Krakatoa, please.
« on: April 29, 2015, 01:33:23 PM »
Hi iToosoft,
    I posted a new topic about iToosoft and Krakatoa today. But the topic disppeared , was it moved away?
I'm going to buy Krakatoa from Thinkbox. I have a important question before buying it. Can I use the Forest objects and Railclone objects as matte objects normally in Krakatoa ?
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Question about iToosoft and Krakatoa, please.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 02:15:31 PM »
Hi,

Last few hours we have been experiencing troubles with our hosting server (feel free to check more details on this Server failure related post), sorry for the inconvenience caused.

First let me mention, that we have no experience with KRAKATOA™ and we don't have access to that software. Anyway, I'm afraid that, without having the mesh (exported instances with help of Forest Tools / RailClone Tools or Viewport set to Mesh mode) it'll most probably not work as matte object correctly. As commented in this "Using VrayProxy in Krakatoa" video tutorial done by Evermotion - "The problem with Krakatoa and .vrmesh is that Krakatoa doesn't see render-mesh but only preview one (even at render time)."

Best regards,

cc8boy

• C7design
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 07:14:24 PM »
I tried to use " Forest Tools" to export my forest objects, but it seems that the timing of the animations of the exported trees  was not right. The animation of the exported objects was not exactly the same as the animation of the original forest.
See my attachment.
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 01:28:38 PM »
Hi,

All animation samples within Forest object are generated internally, depending on selected Animation mode. As the Forest Tools utility converts distributed items into Instances, these are sharing source animation keyframes (so it'll always behave as the Follow Geometry mode).

I should mention, that the animation offset information (the aninOffset value) can be exported with help of Forest Data Exporter, but I'm not sure if that's handy in your specific case.

Kind regards,

cc8boy

• C7design
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 02:02:14 PM »
Thanks a lot. Maybe I should write a script to offset my animation keyframes of my objects that exported by forest tools if I get the data of offsetframes of each trees.