Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Question about render node licenses  (Read 715 times)

ldotchops

Question about render node licenses
« on: December 16, 2022, 11:29:13 AM »
I purchased a new forest pack license recently, i am interested in rendering with a second computer. will i need a completely new license for the render node or does forest pack come with a free render node license?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Question about render node licenses
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 12:01:51 PM »
Hi,

Just for rendering purposes, there's no need to acquire an additional license(s) as our plug-in can be widely used for rendering purposes on render farms as network rendering nodes don't use any type of license. This is required only to edit or render scenes on interactive 3ds max sessions.

Users are allowed to install our software in the "Render slave node" on as many render nodes as wanted.

With a license (workstation) - you can work in "interactive" mode (create, edit, render) x without a license (render slave) - you can work in "non-interactive" mode (rendering assigned by service - backburner, distributed rendering or batch rendering - this service needs to be launched on a computer with license).

If you don't want to take care of any network rendering settings, batch rendering could be also a good option for you - just prepare the batch file and render it in "non-interactive" mode.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,