Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Teams: Replace standard instanced geometry with Forest Pack geometry  (Read 423 times)

andregonweb

• Not typing...
Hi all,

I received a file from a colleague that does not have Forest Pack. The item in question is hundreds of instanced proxies depicting curtains for a large development. As one can imagine it really bogs down the scene and my intention is to reduce the impact thereof.

Is there a method, using Forest Pack Pro, to distribute FP items based on the world space position of the current instanced proxies locations? I mean specifically aligning them to their proxy counterparts location - without having to redo the entire Forest Pack from scratch?

Thanks and regards -

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Teams: Replace standard instanced geometry with Forest Pack geometry
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 10:53:12 AM »
Hi,

You might find that this script helps a bit. It attempts to find instances of objects that are in the FP Items list and adds them in the same location, position and rotation in custom edit mode.

https://forum.itoosoft.com/forest-pro-(*)/scripts-for-forest-pack/msg14392/#msg14392

There's also a short video illustrating how it works.

Cheers,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

andregonweb

• Not typing...
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 11:34:14 AM »
Paul - this script of yours just saved my life! This should be on the Itoo website mate. Thank you very much.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 02:14:01 PM »
Great! Glad to hear that it helped.

Cheers,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software