Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Quickly change surface?  (Read 2539 times)

IT1371

Quickly change surface?
« on: November 12, 2014, 02:10:11 PM »
Hello,

I wander if there is some kind of script to transfer all selected forest object to an other surface?
Because I have some scenes with forest objects applied to planes, and I just merge them to my projects and reassign forest to project terrain.
And its a pain to select every forest object and reassign the surface every time.

Forest Pro 4.2.5

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Quickly change surface?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 10:40:44 AM »
Hello,
It could be done, but i'm afraid there is not a script for that. If that helps, Forest holds the surfaces in the surflist parameter.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

IT1371

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 01:10:07 PM »
Hello,
It could be done, but i'm afraid there is not a script for that. If that helps, Forest holds the surfaces in the surflist parameter.

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately I don't know what to do with the surflist parameter, I don't understand this scripting part at all.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 01:55:33 PM »
Hi,

Please find attached the Surface Assignment script file we've made for you. After unpacking you only need to drag and drop it into the 3ds Max viewport.

Its UI is quite simple. To select the "new" surface please Pick Surface button. You can select Forest object(s) manually or if wanted you can select all Forest object in your scene by Select All Forest objects button. By hitting Assign all selected Forest object will now use the picked surface.

Hope, you'll find it useful and it'll speed up your workflow.

Kind regards,

IT1371

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 08:29:29 AM »
Hi,

Please find attached the Surface Assignment script file we've made for you. After unpacking you only need to drag and drop it into the 3ds Max viewport.

Its UI is quite simple. To select the "new" surface please Pick Surface button. You can select Forest object(s) manually or if wanted you can select all Forest object in your scene by Select All Forest objects button. By hitting Assign all selected Forest object will now use the picked surface.

Kind regards,

Thank you for your effort!  :D
Unfortunately I saw this post only today, and for some reason the attachment it not available for download anymore  :-[

Rokas

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 08:52:45 AM »
i got it back when it was...
Rokas

IT1371

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 09:12:42 AM »
i got it back when it was...

Thank you!  :)

Hi,

Kind regards,

Thank you for the script! Works very well!  :)

Jens-a

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2022, 12:40:49 PM »
Hi, can you do an update of this script? I'm getting the attached error.

This script was exactly what I was looking for to assign a bunch of preset FP objects to new surfaces.