Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Diversity Problem  (Read 4489 times)

Short-Cuts

Diversity Problem
« on: April 14, 2010, 10:13:21 AM »
Hi,
i have got problem with the diversity feature, and i am not sure what i am doing wrong. I want to create a lawn with some patches of clover. I created a two colored map (blue for the lawn and green for the clover). I added two custom objects to forest and picked the matching color ID according to the map i created. In the Diversity Rollout i chosed Match Color ID on Map and picked my map as the distribution map. What happens now is that only one color is "active". The green clover patches are working fine but i cant get my lawn to show in my defined blue are. It deosnt matter btw if i add another color like red and use another object for the red color, there is always only one color active. So there must be something that i dont get, is there a sample file somewhre?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Diversity Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 05:02:12 PM »
Hi,

Try setting lower values in the "Threshold" parameter.

In this mode, the map defines not only the plant type (by the Color ID), but also the presence or absence of items. Forest consideres "dark" pixels as gaps in the distribution, and the "darkness" of a pixel is evaluated by the threshold parameter. In terms of luminance, red color is darker than green, so at 50% of threshold it's considered as a black pixel.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software