Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: FP07 crashing  (Read 1018 times)

Terri Brown

• Terri Brown 3D
FP07 crashing
« on: April 07, 2021, 09:56:13 PM »
hi,

is anyone else having issues with their scenes crashing often with FP07? I keep having to merge into a new scene...then it's usually ok, until I set up a camera and try enter camera view...then, boom, crash. So I figured it had something to do with either point-cloud display (I know there've been some issues there), or the new 'enable on viewport' checkbox. So I switched all point clouds to adaptive, and switched off all 'enable on viewport' options. No crashes.

I'm using the latest build with 3ds max 2021 and latest vray.

Itoo can you confirm if this is a bug?

JG9382

Re: FP07 crashing
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 01:41:15 AM »
Main issue I have found is any forests using 'exclude or include' spline areas in FP7 - it would just max out RAM and crash. (reverting to FP6 fixes)

I had to convert spline areas to paints, ridiculous but it worked.

Rokas

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 07:49:33 AM »
hi,

is anyone else having issues with their scenes crashing often with FP07? I keep having to merge into a new scene...then it's usually ok, until I set up a camera and try enter camera view...then, boom, crash. So I figured it had something to do with either point-cloud display (I know there've been some issues there), or the new 'enable on viewport' checkbox. So I switched all point clouds to adaptive, and switched off all 'enable on viewport' options. No crashes.

I'm using the latest build with 3ds max 2021 and latest vray.

Itoo can you confirm if this is a bug?
We have not had such report yet. Would You please send us a sample file via email? We are interested in solving it.
Rokas

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 07:50:42 AM »
Main issue I have found is any forests using 'exclude or include' spline areas in FP7 - it would just max out RAM and crash. (reverting to FP6 fixes)

I had to convert spline areas to paints, ridiculous but it worked.

We have not had this report either. Would You please send us a crashing scene to troubleshoot it ?
We would appreciate it. Thank You.
Rokas

Terri Brown

• Terri Brown 3D
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 12:20:38 PM »
ok will send soon...just submitting something to client. It's a big file though!  :o

SF1329

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 03:58:53 PM »
same here, keep crashing randomly when rendering FP objects created in the previous version.

We can't get our head around as sometime it renders one object and sometime it crashed with the same..

Rokas

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2021, 04:02:21 PM »
Would You please send us such a scene?
It would help us to get a crash minidump file as well. When it happens for You again please send us the minidump.
Only this way we can identify(and fix) the issue.

Thank You for Your collaboration.
Rokas

SF1329

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 05:05:19 PM »
Thanks Rokas,

We will definitely do.
We are trying to get some images out for tonight, so we are under a bit of pressure..but is definitely something that needs to be sorted.

Terri Brown

• Terri Brown 3D
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2021, 09:56:48 AM »
Hi Rokas,

I sent a sample scene a few weeks back - Michal was in touch. He also seems to think it's an exclude spline issue. I'm now having the same crashes on a new file.

Rokas

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2021, 10:01:03 AM »
Hi Terri. All I can ask- send this new file and we will check it.
Rokas

Terri Brown

• Terri Brown 3D
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2021, 10:26:47 AM »
Update: this has been fixed in FP 7.1.1  ;D