Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Suggections about Forest and Railclone lister  (Read 3157 times)

OB

Suggections about Forest and Railclone lister
« on: November 21, 2016, 08:15:34 AM »
What i really miss about Forest and RC listers is grouping FP and RC's , making those groups manually, not by objects or parameters, so i will be able to change parameters of a group of FP's at once.
For example now i have 15 FP's in my scene and about 12 RC's. It's quite unconvenient even to hide them all (i have to click on the bard near rows with CTRL being pressed). But if we'd have groups - i would group all of them in 3 groups with some common parameters.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Suggections about Forest and Railclone lister
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 11:07:01 AM »
Hi,

Well, for this kind of management, I would suggest you to use 3ds max's layer system by using the Layer Explorer / Layers Toolbar (you can easily hide / freeze all objects in such layer(s), Select Child Nodes and so on).

Anyway, we'll see how the way of handling multiple Selection Markers can be improved in future releases. Thanks a lot for your suggestion, your feedback is very important to us.

Best regards,

eqko

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 11:49:01 AM »
I would think a 'select all' button on top or bottom of the selection markers would be easiest no ?
I was hoping for the same thing actually.

OB

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 06:38:29 PM »
Yeah, i understand that there is another way to control via layers, selection groups and etc.
Though i think it would be quite convenient to have one control panel for that.
Thanks for considering that :)