Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Redshift support in the FP libraries.  (Read 625 times)

ldotchops

Redshift support in the FP libraries.
« on: July 04, 2022, 12:14:01 PM »
Have always wondered why there is no support for Redshift in the library. Makes them pretty hard to use for a redshift user like myself. The library is not particularly big so some support for RS Materials would go a long way. You even include, mental ray an obsolete render engine.

I am a V-Ray and Redshift user and i have to switch between these 2 quite a lot, but i'm always put off by the extra work to convert all the materials in Redshift.

Would love to see you adopt this engine.

Cheers

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Redshift support in the FP libraries.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 12:25:07 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. We're a relatively small team so we tend to have to focus on the engines that the vast majority of our users regularly use (We no longer include MRay materials for new libraries either for example). That said, as we get underway on a project to revamp our libraries we'll take a look at what's feasible with the manpower and in-house skills that we have. I can't make any promises, but we'll discuss it internally.

Cheers,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

ldotchops

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 03:15:22 PM »
Thanks!

Morne

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 11:08:36 AM »
Have always wondered why there is no support for Redshift in the library. Makes them pretty hard to use for a redshift user like myself. The library is not particularly big so some support for RS Materials would go a long way. You even include, mental ray an obsolete render engine.

I am a V-Ray and Redshift user and i have to switch between these 2 quite a lot, but i'm always put off by the extra work to convert all the materials in Redshift.

Would love to see you adopt this engine.

Cheers

Redshift comes with a script to convert materials (the original converter was made by Martin Geupel few years back). No manual work should be needed, and if so, its very minimal.
In fact, I used Martin's original script and its functions, to create my own script, which at the time (5 years ago), runs through the company's ENTIRE library and convert all scenes in the custom FP asset library from Mentalray to Redshift