Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Materials dont show in render  (Read 973 times)

Simon_Niederkofler

Materials dont show in render
« on: October 14, 2022, 09:04:14 AM »
Hi so I got that problem that sometimes my Forest objects appear in the render just white without materials. Sometimes I can fix it with unhiding and unfreezing the layer with the objects in it. But that doesnt work always.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Materials dont show in render
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 10:51:31 AM »
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you're facing these troubles. Are you able to reproduce this behavior by rendering locally / using network rendering or with distributed rendering? Any additional info is welcome.

I would suggest you follow our Distributed Rendering issues post to identify where the problem could be in your case - you can follow that basic "troubleshooting guide post" also for any other type of network rendering (as the backburner).

Thanks in advance for any further comments on this issue you can share about it with us / our user community (in case some user(s) will run into similar troubles).

Best regards,

Simon_Niederkofler

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 10:58:29 AM »
Hi
im rendering only locally, not using distributed rendering!

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 11:53:29 AM »
HI,

Did you check under the Asset Tracking window, that you can access all used textures (it’ll be probably linked to some “missing path”)?

Also, let me mention, that any overrides of the "auto-material" assigned to the Forest object aren't recommendable, because Forest keeps references to its source materials. Instead, you should modify the material linked to that item - Custom Object(s) - Material - any changes made this way, will be projected safely to the Forest's "auto material". Also, if preferable, without having any material assigned under Forest's Geometry > Material, the Forest object is getting the material directly from the Custom Object(s).

Best regards,

Simon_Niederkofler

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2022, 12:00:56 PM »
Hi,
yes checked everything. Made some test now and it mostly happens only with presets from the Forest Library.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2022, 12:11:22 PM »
Hi,

If you can reproduce this problem with bundled presets, please note, that when Forest is loaded, it's checking if corresponding paths exist in the configuration and if not, these can be added automatically (the plug-in shows a warning message) - in case, you marked previously the Do not show this message again checkbox to disable that pop-up window, you can revert it to its default value (to pop-up) by setting the checkTexturePaths = 1 in the forestpack.ini configuration file located by default at:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\<maxversion>\ENU\en-US\plugcfg

If the problem persists, please feel free to send us your scene (ideally simplified and containing just this problematic object(s)) to helpdesk@itoosoft.com to check it here. In case of a big file size, please use a web-sharing service like WeTransfer. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,