Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest Color on trees from hq plants package. Separate trunk.  (Read 1656 times)

GH3184

Forest Color on trees from hq plants package. Separate trunk.
« on: October 14, 2013, 11:06:11 PM »
Hi

I successfully applied a Forest Color on one of the trees from HQ Plants package. The leaves are in different ID's and the trunk is on another ID. My problem is finding out how I can get the bark material to constantly stay on the object on the trunk ID, as well as the Forest Color distributing randomly to all other ID's. See the attachment for my current result. I also tried changing the ID for the trunk element to 100 (just to keep distant from the usual ID #'s) and applying a Multi/Sub material with two slots, one with the trunk material on ID 100, and the second with the Forest Color. Of course no luck with that. There must be others out there with the same case, right?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 11:24:59 PM by GH3184 »

GH3184

[SOLVEDRe: Forest Color on trees from hq plants package. Separate trunk.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 12:10:31 AM »
Solved! I read the Forest Material reference. That lead me, once more time to try Multi/Sub and this time it worked!
The only difference I did was leave the ID's to 1 and 2, even though the trunk element is ID 100.

May I suggest to include that Mult/Sub part in the Forest COLOR material reference as well?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Forest Color on trees from hq plants package. Separate trunk.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 09:10:30 AM »
In this case Forest Color does not modify the behaviour of the Multi-sub, Max applies the standard rules for IDs: the multi-sub should include one separate material for each ID: 1 and 2 for leaves (that would use the same instanced material), and 100 for the trunk. Next, just remove Forest Color from the trunk material, or assign a fixed texture.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

GH3184

Re: Forest Color on trees from hq plants package. Separate trunk.
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 09:16:48 AM »
Thanks for your answer, and thanks for a great plugin!