Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Render Mask Script not working with Forest Pack 7.1.0  (Read 1326 times)

g_lab

Render Mask Script not working with Forest Pack 7.1.0
« on: May 25, 2021, 01:32:53 AM »
Hi,

It seems Render Mask script doesn't work with Forest 7 anymore. With 6.3.1 it worked when I ticked off "consolidate materials".
Is there any solution for this issue?

Thanks,
G.

Rokas

Re: Render Mask Script not working with Forest Pack 7.1.0
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 08:32:11 AM »
Hi. I do not know what that script does.
Anyway in FP7 there are few changes how objectID id handled.

If You assign object ID on ForestPack object- whole distribution will get that ID.

If You assign object ID on Scatter objects and leave FP object at 0 You will see all scattered items inherited ID:

Hope this helps. If You need any further help, let us know.

Rokas

g_lab

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 03:17:16 PM »
Sorry for the late reply.

The object ID handling you mentioned is good for rendering masks together with the "normal" rendering.

The Render Mask script however, can render different kinds of masks very fast without having to render the whole beauty pass(es) again.
See http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/rendermask

I think for the simplest kind of mask where you can render selected items in white while everything else is black (called luminance mask) the script internally assigns a white VrayLightMaterial to the selected objects and a black material to the rest.
In Forest Pack versions prior to 7 you would have to untick "consolidate material" for the script to work correctly. With Forest Pack 7 it always renders black on black.

Is there a setting in Forest to make the script work again? I think the author won't fix it. (In fact the last version is from 2018) Or can you fix it for us? I know that may people rely on this script to quickly render out a mask.

Thanks

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 04:00:01 PM »
I dont use this script not sure what it does. Have You tried selecting both FP and its scatter input items ? Does it have any different effect ?

In fp7 renderer uses source objects material. ForestPack material is used only in viewport.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 04:18:07 PM by Rokas »
Rokas