Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Problem with using Forest Pro for lawn  (Read 11026 times)

yuv

• Administrator
  • iToo Software - CEO
    • Itoo Software
Re: Problem with using Forest Pro for lawn
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 08:02:39 PM »

I have a couple of ideas to solve this issue, we will work on them.  ;)

By now, there is not a simple solution. You would create a separate area for the edge, selecting a specific spline and smaller objects (using the "Areas->Select models" feature).

Any news on this?
It`s a bit tedious to configure grass every time. Too bad prepared Forest cant be saved to custom library.

Since several versions ago, falloff feature works directly with surfaces, so this issue is already solved.

Regarding library, you can save a full configured Forest as a preset. The procedure is described here.

Daniel Quintero
Itoo Software
www.itoosoft.com
daniel@itoosoft.com

Rokas

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 10:05:56 AM »

I have a couple of ideas to solve this issue, we will work on them.  ;)

By now, there is not a simple solution. You would create a separate area for the edge, selecting a specific spline and smaller objects (using the "Areas->Select models" feature).

Any news on this?
It`s a bit tedious to configure grass every time. Too bad prepared Forest cant be saved to custom library.

Since several versions ago, falloff feature works directly with surfaces, so this issue is already solved.

Regarding library, you can save a full configured Forest as a preset. The procedure is described here.

How exactly It could be done?

For that I somehow have to duplicate surface area(how to do that). If i add additional splines- then it cant be "library preset"
Rokas

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 10:44:10 AM »
I'm sorry, you are right. I just realized in this case would be necessary to duplicate the Surfaces area, which is not supported.

Presets don't support multiple splines either. We tried that some time ago, but the procedure was causing weird results, specially when applying a style to an existing Forest object (which would have their own areas).
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 01:51:03 PM »
Any news on this?

We just released Forest 3.4.1 beta, with a new Edge area mode that should solve this problem definitively.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software