Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Motion Blur Problem  (Read 13049 times)

JK1245

Motion Blur Problem
« on: June 26, 2006, 01:14:27 AM »
I am using forest pro on a very large mountain road scene, where the camera is flying behind a car.  I am using image motion blur.   

Every 20th - 100th frame, the trees blur wildly - randomly - and not all at once.
Any ideas?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Motion Blur Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 11:31:29 PM »

Yes, we have seen this problem because other users reported it. But unfortunately, we don't know the cause... it seems some bug of 3D Studio when the geometry of Forest changes to face the camera. But as we have not access to the motion blur source code (it's part of 3DS), we cannot debug it.

I will do some tests again, and will try to find some new details about the issue. We also will contact with Autodesk to report the problem.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

JK1245

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 12:22:26 AM »
Could it be the plane motion interpolation at the subframe level.  Is there a way you can constrain the auto motion&rotation of the planes to a definable limit?

JK1245

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 12:26:49 AM »
Or - is it possible that the plane motion is by default bezier?  What happens if the planes keys are linear?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 04:16:56 PM »
Hi, Sorry for the delay replying, i've been out of the office some days.

In the procedural objects there not exists keys. For each Frame, Max ask to the plugin the desired geometry and renders it... the animation keys are only an interface for the user to define the changes in the scene, but at the render level only exist vertexes and faces at a specific position.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software