Forest Pack > Forest Pro (*)

Request - FP reads RC segement names

(1/2) > >>

DamianM:
Hi,
I often use FP and RC at the same time to seed geometry. I use RC to tell where exactly a given object should appear on the line and on that object I sow FP. Recently, a nice option was added to FP, where objects can be seeded on other objects with the same name, but the possibilities are quite limited, hence my 2 requests:
- is it possible to make FP read the name of the RC segment, let's assume that I very precisely sow 10 segments using RC with different names and I want FP to be able to read the names of these segments
- each object added to the FP can be assigned a separate ID

Is something like this possible to add or work around?

Michal Karmazín:
Hi,

I’m afraid, that’s not possible – when using a RailClone object as a source for a Forest Pack distribution, all the Segments within the RC object are collapsed to a single mesh object and Forest Pack simply reads the triangle data as it would any other mesh.

Best regards,

DamianM:
Hi,
Thank You very much. And what about other request where object added to FP can have individual ID assigned just as in Reference rollout?

Michal Karmazín:
Hi,

Thanks for your swift reply. Would you mind describing the desired usage / workflow more in detail? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

DamianM:
I would like to have the functionality that I can assign any materialID to each object within one FP. Now 1 FP = 1 materialID.
Please let me know if is understandable :-).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version