Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Distributed Bucket Rendering  (Read 1207 times)

QJ4351

Distributed Bucket Rendering
« on: February 15, 2016, 05:45:44 PM »
I've had problems with DBR rendering in 3DS Max Mental Ray locking up at the 100% rendering mark.  The frame will render to 100% and freeze not saving the image or able to proceed to the next frame.  There is no problem DBR rendering the scene without the HQ plants.  At this point I'm not sure if this is related to Itoo plants or simply that the extra complexity of the scene with plants creates issues.  Does anybody have any insights to this issue - The face count is only around 1.5M

Thanks

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Distributed Bucket Rendering
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 09:52:00 AM »
Hi,

Not sure, if vegetation models from HQ Plants series are used in your scene within a Forest object or as individual objects.

In case the Forest Pack plug-in is involved, would you mind to try our actual beta version (Forest Pack Pro 5.0.3 beta)? We've already fixed some bugs and changed slightly the way how it's communicating with mental ray renderer. You can download the beta version from User Panel - Beta versions. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

QJ4351

Re: Distributed Bucket Rendering
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 05:03:29 AM »
Thanks, I'll give it a try - they are HQ used within Forest Pro.

Some suggestions I've seen is limiting the DBR bucket size and turning off BSP2.  I'm not sure what effect using BSP would have with Forest Pro.

Mike