Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Saving and Applying Presets  (Read 2637 times)

AldingerWolf

Saving and Applying Presets
« on: April 04, 2014, 11:10:14 AM »
Hi there,

I am having a little issue with the save and apply preset.
When I save a good looking forest as a preset and try to apply to another forest object, it copys all the geometry and values just fine, but it also copies all of the areas and surface objects.
Might there be a way to disable that? Or (as a feature request): might it be possible to write the save preset function in such a way, that you can pick what rollouts it's supposed to save or load in the preset?

and (slightly unrelated):
is there a way to select all the forest-related objects, so i can save that selection for a colleague to merge it into his file?

kind regards,

Christian

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Saving and Applying Presets
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 01:47:39 PM »
Hi Christian,

I suppose you are using Presets option in General tab. It should work fine as all numeric parameters and options are saved, but not the references to other objects, such as Area Splines, Surfaces or Cameras. Anyway, now in newer versions of Forest Pack we recommend to use Library for saving your presets as it's more flexible option. You can find a video tutorial how to make your own presets using Library Browser interface here.

Regarding your second question about selection all forest related objects: While merging the Forest object into new scene you can check the option Select Instances. Please see screenshot attached. This way you'll select with Forest object also all related object in the scene. Hope it helps you.

Kind regards,

AldingerWolf

Re: Saving and Applying Presets
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 01:56:14 PM »
Hi Michal,

I was indeed using the Preset under the general tab, but when applying the preset to another forest object with different area splines in the same file, it used the splines from the first forest. But I'll check the tutorial later on and see if that works better. Thanks.

To the second question: I read that after I posted my question and am using this method now. However the way our workflow works it would still be nice to have a scene that really only contains the relevant stuff. Guess I'll have to merge my working file into a new scene for the meantime to achieve that.

Thanks for the answers!