Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Render my scene in old version of FP ? serious  (Read 1189 times)

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
Render my scene in old version of FP ? serious
« on: October 15, 2015, 11:55:30 AM »
Dear developers of iToosoft,
Please help! I have a very very serious problem. I saved my scene file with Forest pro pack 4.4.1. But version of Forest pro Pack my computers in my render farm IS 4.3.7 !! I have not enough time to upgrade the plugin of each computer one by one.
I have not used any new feature in Forest pro pack 4.4.1 (just saved the scene in FP 4.4.1 format)in my saved scene. Will there be any problem that render the scene saved in  FP 4.4.1 format with FP 4.3.1 ?
I hope I can get the answer soon.
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Render my scene in old version of FP ? serious
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 12:06:45 PM »
Hi,

Well, that'll depend on several things like render engine used, used Forest Pack features and so on, but it possibly might cause issues.

We can't guarantee full compatibility with any of previous releases as many new features were introduced and several bugs fixed. Generally, we always recommend to use the latest version released - Forest Pack Pro 4.4.1 on any computer involved in your pipeline. Thanks for your comprehension.

Best regards,

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 01:14:30 PM »
Thanks to your quick reply. My renderer is Vray 2.40 in MAX2012. Win7 64bit,deadline 5.2. I only want to know if the scene just saved with Forest Pack Pro 4.4.1 yesterday be rendered with  Forest Pack Pro 4.3.7 will cause any issues. The scene haven't modified anything just saved in new version FP format.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 01:16:33 PM by cc8boy »
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 01:59:03 PM »
Really it's difficult to know. On each release we introduce many changes, most of them don't affect the saved data but other do it.
To be sure, we should check the code for each change between 4.3.7 and 4.4.1, something that is not affordable. For this reason we cannot guarantee the backward compatibility.

In this case, i think it should work. But i suggest your revise the Animation parameters once loaded the scene in 4.3.7, because in 4.4.0 we introduced some changes on the time format.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software