Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: scale whole scene down - scattering objects too small  (Read 1583 times)

MH4288

scale whole scene down - scattering objects too small
« on: January 05, 2017, 09:19:39 AM »
Hi,

I have this problem I need to solve fast. I change max system units from centimeters to meters because of too large scene. So I have to scale whole scene down to 1 percent to match new system units. Everything is ok except scattering objects from Forest Pack. Objects to scatter has got right size (I downscale them too), but scattered objects on a surface are toooooo small. I dont want to change size in Forest settings. I try to reset xform of objects to scatter, but it didnt help. Please what I have to do to correct that?

Thanks for help.

Best regards.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: scale whole scene down - scattering objects too small
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 12:35:26 PM »
Hi,

For these purposes I would suggest you to use the Rescale World Units utility (that'll leave Scale values to 100%) as on any scaled surface(s) Forest will inherit its scale (and that's not always desirable). In these cases, we usually suggest to apply the Reset XForm utility over that surface to reset its local coordinates & scale.

Hope that helps, but if the problem persist, please feel free to send us your scene.

Best regards,
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 12:42:59 PM by Michal Karmazín »

MH4288

Re: scale whole scene down - scattering objects too small
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 04:50:16 PM »
I correct it, found where was a problem (cameras and FP objects was downscaled too). But the rescale utility looks great, thanks.