Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: does "select models" work with surface area?  (Read 2504 times)

rivoli

does "select models" work with surface area?
« on: April 03, 2012, 12:22:00 PM »
say I have two objects in the geometry list, one of them must be used only for painting purpose, and shouldn't appear on the whole surface. I can't find a way to have the picker of models work for the surface area, so I have both object covering the area, unless I set the probability for the painting one to 0. in this way it stops to work as expected in the paint areas as well..
I was wondering if the models picker works at all for the surface area, because for me doesn't make any difference if select models is checked, unchecked, one object is selected, both are selected, or none is selected..

searched the forums for an answer but didn't find anything, I'm sorry if the topic's been covered already and I missed the thread.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: does "select models" work with surface area?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 12:36:30 PM »

You are right, the picker of models is not working with the surface area.  This is a bug, we will fix it for the next patch.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

rivoli

Re: does "select models" work with surface area?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 01:02:23 PM »
thanks for the quick reply :) it's not a big deal actually, as it can be worked around in a number of ways. I was just curious to know if I was missing something.