Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Scattering custom FP grass patch with corona 8 problem  (Read 529 times)

DN1876

Scattering custom FP grass patch with corona 8 problem
« on: April 30, 2022, 01:07:41 PM »
Hi,

I am trying to scatter a large lawn area with custom grass creating a small FP patch first and using it as a custom object inside another FP.
The custom FP patch isnt visible neither in the interface neither the IP or normal VFB.
I have read all the similar post about using custom FP patches and I cant make it work.
Could you please help me undestand what am I doing wrong?
I have sent the scene to your email if you like to check it.

Thank you for your time.

Giorgos Zacharioudakis
CG Artist at 500s.studio

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Scattering custom FP grass patch with corona 8 problem
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 08:35:46 AM »
Hi Giorgos,

Well, though Forest objects can be nested, instancing is applied only on "the top-level". Any "inner objects" are converted to mesh. In the case of having "the inner object" with many polygons (like in your case), the Display > Max. Faces limit (5 mills. face by default) might be reached. Raising such a limit for the "FP_PATCH" object or lowering the diameter of the assigned Spline Area "Circle001" will fix it. Let me add, that depending on the render engine (and its release), the Render Mode for used "nested object(s)" might have to be changed from Automatic to Meshes under the Display roll-out. I hope that helps.

Best regards,

DN1876

Re: Scattering custom FP grass patch with corona 8 problem
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 10:50:36 AM »
thank you for the quick reply, everthing is clear now!