Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest Pro - Effects - Place itens on displacement surface  (Read 1414 times)

QN2744

Forest Pro - Effects - Place itens on displacement surface
« on: October 12, 2016, 06:56:24 PM »
I follow your guide to place itens on displacement surface, but i can't connect the forest to the displacement amount, or, there is not a feedback between the two of them. I try out your website example you have and have the same issue. It is a forest pro version issue or you have some idea of what it can be?

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Forest Pro - Effects - Place itens on displacement surface
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 07:07:55 PM »
Hi, Are you using Forest 5.2? We've updated the displacement effect in this version to make it easier. To use it you just need to follow these steps.

1. Instance the displacement map to Forest's Materials>Map slot in the Modify panel
2. Check As Texture on Surface.
3. Go to the Effects rollout and load the New_Displacement.eff file attached or select it from the library included in Forest 5.2.
4 . Select Displace Amount and click the Pick button. Select the Amount track from the V-Ray Displacement (or equivalent) modifier. Alternatively you can enter a value manually by using the New_Displacement_values.eff file instead.

I hope it helps, please let me know if you have any questions or feedback about the effect.

Many thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

QN2744

Re: Forest Pro - Effects - Place itens on displacement surface
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 04:24:43 PM »
Hi Paul,

thank you very much, it did the trick, works fine now. thank you very much for the fast response.