Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: scattering geometry on multiple levels with gardens  (Read 732 times)

gabu

scattering geometry on multiple levels with gardens
« on: March 15, 2021, 01:23:37 PM »
Hi,
I'm trying to find a fast solution for a building that has gardens and terraces on multiple levels. Each terrace has another shape so i would like to have splines for each level where i can distribute , furniture, plats etc. The problem i'm envcountering is that when level 1 has a terrace and level 2 has a terrace that is above level 1 ( even thou a different spline then only the upper level is used for distribution.

Thanks

Rokas

Re: scattering geometry on multiple levels with gardens
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 01:36:15 PM »
Hi.
That is the general principle how FP works, but there are few way to work around that.

Use UV mode
Use randomized stacked option

We have a detailed video tutorial showing what it seems similar to what You do.

Hope this helps. If You still have any questions feel free attach Your scene and tell us what you want to achieve.
Rokas

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: scattering geometry on multiple levels with gardens
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 01:40:25 PM »
Hi,

Just to add to Rokas' response which is still absolutely valid if your areas overlap, you might also be interested to know that we slightly changed the behaviour of splines on multiple levels in Forest Pack 7. This video explains the changes which may be helpful if your areas are not one above the other.

https://youtu.be/h-lms1YqTXg?t=56

Thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software