Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: How to make a forest (Object) free to transform ?  (Read 1379 times)

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
How to make a forest (Object) free to transform ?
« on: May 25, 2017, 05:52:19 PM »
Hello everyone in iToosoft,
I want to link the whole forest to one helper object. The helper will move and rotate , it will even make the Z-axis of the whole forest vertically downwards.
Is it possible to make the whole forest transforms follow one helper ? What can I do now ? Please show me. Many thanks.

MAX2014 64bit / Forest pro pack 4.4.1/Vray 3.3
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: How to make a forest (Object) free to transform ?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 09:01:38 AM »
Hi, yes it's possible but only using Custom Edit mode. This is the procedure:

1) Create your distribution in the usual way. Once the items are placed in their final positions, switch to Custom Edit mode.
2) Turn off Surface->Custom Edit mode->Link to Surface.
3) Now you move the FP object or rotate it freely.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 11:58:41 AM »
Hello iToosoft,
If I really want to transform the forest which will be in “generate mode”. If I group all the objects relative to this forest object such as custom geometry objects, spline objects, surface objects into one single group. And link the grouphead to one animated object. Will there be any problem ? What will be causing the problem ? Because I really need adjust this forest dynamically.
Any workaround ?
Thank you very much.

MAX2014 64bit / Forest pro pack 4.4.1/Vray 3.3
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 01:29:02 PM »
Hi,

Because of the way how several processes are optimized (like the Camera - Limit to visibility feature), the highly recommendable way would be to use the Custom Edit mode for the final render. All its parts and the Forest object itself can be linked to a helper object while building the scene, but as mentioned previously to avoid any sudden changes in the distribution and correct functionality, it should be switched to the Custom Edit mode before the rending process (this change is reversible).

Best regards,