Instance lights on Forest Pack items
This script instances any object to match the position and rotation of items scattered with Forest Pack. It can be useful for distributing lights, splines, particle systems or any other non-geometric object that it not able to be scattered directly with Forest Pack
To use this script:
- NOTE: To return correct transform information, Forest Pack object must be scattering custom geometry, not
using one of the built in billboard templates.
- Press the "Pick Object to instance" button and choose the object you'd like to instance, for example a light
- Make sure a Forest Object is selected.
- Click "Instances to Forest"
The new instances are created with a combination of the source object and the Forest object's names. To delete these.
- Make sure the source object is chosen using the "Pick Object to instance" button
- Select the FP object
- Click delete instanced objects.
Note: Because the delete function is using the names of the FP object and the source object you should not change their names if you would like to use the delete function.
Here's a video of it working
I hope it's useful for someone.