Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: How to create mixed group materials  (Read 4803 times)

UI4801

How to create mixed group materials
« on: May 19, 2010, 07:24:40 AM »
Hello there, my question might would stupid BUT i honestly couldnt find my way out of this..what i would like to do is below..

1. select a closed polyline and create forest
2. create a multisub object material which includes say 3 different plant types (material ID option we've had in forest 2)
3. get back to the forest modify panel and apply percentage of MIX of each material ID's..
4. i remember this option was there in forest 2 where i just give 50 percent of material id1 and 25 percent of material id 2 and 25 percent of material id 3.
5. the resulting rendered image is now just one forest island with 3 variety of plants scattered randomly..

i went through the website and found you do have an option for cluster (color codes?)..however i find it much complicated being a basic user in max..

can you please advise how to get this multi material with Percentage based on material ID?

thanks..

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: How to create mixed group materials
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 12:55:17 PM »

Instead using the multi-sub, you must use single materials, assigning them to different items of the Geomtetry List. Each item has its own properties, including material, percentage, size or mesh.

You can find other posts discussing this issue here:

http://www.itoosoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=438.msg1429#msg1429

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software