Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Some Forest Items not rendering  (Read 3640 times)

Chulit

Some Forest Items not rendering
« on: July 11, 2013, 08:20:47 PM »
Hi,
i am having some issues with big scenes.
When scenes get somehow complex, with some Forest elements, and several area splines inside them, sometimes there is a point when some Forest object stops appearing in renders even though it is showed in the cloud preview.
I am not getting any warning message, neither i think i am reaching any density threshold, because once the object stops rendering, i then low the density to  minimum, but doesn´t appear again.

Not all the Forest objects doesn´t render at one, usually is just one among the ohers in the scene.
Normally, exiting max an rebooting fixes the problem and the same file render with all of them in it.

But i am facing now one scene when i can´t get one in particular to render.

I may be overseeing some density or quantity limit, i will read more on them, but wanted also to raise the question here.

Thanks in advance.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Some Forest Items not rendering
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 09:43:02 PM »
There is not a specific reason that would cause this problem. If a Forest object cannot be rendered, the issue always is reported by a warning message and listed in Forest Stats. Also, if the object doesn't render because some Forest limit is exceeded, the problem is consistent, not randomly as in this case.

A different issue, is that for some reason the render engine cannot render the instanced items (because memory limits, engine's instability under heavy load, etc). These type of problems are very difficult of diagnose, and obviously we can't do anything about it.

What render engine do you use, Mental Ray or VRay ?
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Chulit

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 10:58:25 PM »
Sorry for not posting my specs previously.
I am on vray, on max 2012.
I am at home now, but will try to dig in the scene tomorrow, as i have read forward.
Best regards

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 08:37:07 AM »
Ok. If you cannot find the problem, please send us the scene and we check it here.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Chulit

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 05:57:33 PM »
Thanks, how should i streamline it? Could be the proxies the offenders, or should i replace everything?
I will try to do it today.
Many thanks
Regards

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 08:51:22 PM »
If you have scene that fails always, i suggest you remove non-essential objects (while the problem is still reproducible) and send us the files. Just to be sure the problem is not caused by Forest.

If you use proxies, it's a good idea to replace them temporary by a simple mesh, and check if something changes. Also that will help to create a minimal test scene, if you send it to us.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Chulit

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 11:38:38 PM »
Thanks Carlos,
i have now stripped down the scene, but it´s a little above 5mb compressed. Is there another method to send itother  than attach it here?
I guess i could reduce it a little more, but have included some other Forest object with the provided water lillies just for leaving all the forest objects in he scene.

Thanks in advance
M

EDIT: nevermind, i have uploaded here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6TY0LBE3kHeWXNSV1VIUlNSOXM/edit?usp=sharing
Many thanks if you could take a look, i must be surely overseeing something.

Best regards
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 05:15:44 AM by Chulit »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 09:10:52 AM »
Thanks for the file. Usually our customers send us the scenes using a web sharing service (WeTransfer, Dropbox or others).

I just replied you by e-mail regarding this issue.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software