Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: State Sets - materials and consolidate materials - and also Laubwerk  (Read 1430 times)

Morne

Hi Guys

1) Not sure if its an Autodesk thing, or a Itoosoft thing. In general, the tick for Consolidate Materials is not being recorded by State Sets.

2) Also, if the Geometry is based on the Laubwerk library, on creation, the option for "Merge into scene/XRef to library" is greyd out, and the consolidate Materials tick have no affect either way. In these cases, I'm not sure where the material is coming from as the material slot is empty. If I change the material I can not get the original material back wihtout reloading the object from the library

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: State Sets - materials and consolidate materials - and also Laubwerk
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 03:02:12 PM »
Hi Morne,

I'm afraid, just some properties are being tracked by the State Sets feature - in case of Scene/Object Nodes - Hidden, Frozen, XrayMaterial, BoxMode, Renderable, DisplayTrajectory, BackCulling, VertexColors, ShadeVertexColors, AllEdges, VertexTicks, FrozenWithMaterials, IgnoreExtents, PrimaryVisibility, SecondaryVisibility, InheritVisibility, RenderOccluded, CastShadows, ReceiveShadows, GenerateCaustics, ReceiveCaustics, ApplyAtmospherics, GenerateGI, ReceiveGI, Material. Please feel free to check the "Properties Tracked by State Sets" table.

Well, some libraries have in the header of the index.xml file xref="0", which disables the XRef to library option. In case of Laubwerk libraries, models aren’t stored as Editable Mesh or Editable Poly object, but in the “Laubwerk’s proper format”, which handles also its variations and seasons among other properties and the material itself is being taken directly from this object upon its current settings.

Best regards,