Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Stepped rotation  (Read 587 times)

ritoo

Stepped rotation
« on: March 09, 2023, 06:52:31 AM »
1. HI, I've got a Forest in path mode (@vertex) with stepped rotation effect applied. All is good but it rotates in world space. How do I make it respect the path orientation?
Should the effect code be altered somehow?
2. And, If I add the splines marked red on the second pic the stepped rotation get lost completely .
Thank you in advance
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 07:40:07 AM by ritoo »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Stepped rotation
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 09:35:09 AM »
Hi,

Well, the mentioned effect is written for the Image Distribution Mode. Please find a slightly changed version of it (FEffects_AdditionalSteppedRotation.eff), which “adds” the Stepped Rotation values for the Path Distribution mode. Another option would be to use the Probability Curve, for these purposes, which lets you define the probability of each random value in the rotation range.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

ritoo

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 10:42:29 AM »
Thanks for assisting Michal! Have you tried the new effect on the forest I provided?
I played with all settings that could influence but there's no stepping whatsoever. No luck with probability curve either.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 11:03:01 AM by ritoo »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 03:09:29 PM »
Hi,

Having the Transform > Rotation feature disabled, it seems to work just fine. Please find attached the modified scene (230309_step_iToo.max). I hope that helps.

Best regards,

ritoo

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023, 03:48:49 PM »
Fantastic, Many thanks! Rather important thing, could it come with installation please?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2023, 12:37:51 PM »
You're welcome. I'm glad to hear, that it helped, and wish you the best results. We’ll update it. Meanwhile, please find attached a slightly adjusted style.

Best regards,