Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: FP7 update from FP 6 keeps old installation  (Read 599 times)

BL_zoomvp

FP7 update from FP 6 keeps old installation
« on: March 22, 2021, 11:46:02 AM »
Hi.

Last weekes we updated our renderfarm to 7.06 and later to 7.07.

It seemed like if FP was updated all the time from older versions (maybe from FP3 or FP4) up to a FP6 build, that now if I update to 7.07, all machines have still a second installation of the old 6.03 in the apps an features list of Windows (win10 and win7).
This caused some unexpected behaviors, which means the renderslaves produce different results. (In our case bucket errors in DR mode)

When uninstalling the "old" version, I'm only asked if I want to uninstall FP-7.07. There is no real uninstall process as usual. It's just a click and it's gone.
The second icon which would represent FP7 is then a "missing shortcut" and get's deleted. Obviously after this I need to reinstall FP from scratch. (includes libraries as well)
Any ideas why the "old" installation was kept?

Also looking forward to update to 7.08 to get back the old distribution in UV-mode.  :)

Rokas

Re: FP7 update from FP 6 keeps old installation
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 01:31:33 PM »
Hi
Would You please try to install latest FP version and then uninstall it. Is there still a leftover title in the "Apps and Features" list?

Thanks in advance for any further comments on this issue you can share with us / our user community (in case some user(s) will run into similar troubles).
Rokas

BL_zoomvp

Re: FP7 update from FP 6 keeps old installation
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 05:26:15 PM »
We've got some PCs that weren't updated yet. So I tried your suggestion.

I installed the latest version of FP 7.08.
Other icon still in the list (FP6).
Ok so after uninstalling FP7.0.8 there is no leftover icon in the list.
First I thought it might be some issue with silent unattended installation. But the problem still remains if I manually install FP.

Obviously I still need to reinstall FP.
It's easier to first uninstall the old version and then install the latest FP.

Thank you for your help.