Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Strange clipping when combined with Raicloner  (Read 2670 times)

Fco3d

Strange clipping when combined with Raicloner
« on: June 27, 2017, 01:55:18 AM »
I have this strange issue, please refer the image below.
I have created a concrete path with raicloner, then there is a grass field on both side of the path, there are several bushes too but the problem is only on the grass. because I made the grass to be clipped by the spline that limits the area of scatering.
You can see that the grass is clipped but still produces a shadow where the original patch is located.
If I delete or hide the concrete path and use a simple plane, there are not strange shadows, this strange shadow only displays when there is a combination of raiclone and forest with the clip option.
your help is appreciated.

Fco.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Strange clipping when combined with Raicloner
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 10:11:00 AM »
Hi,

That's most probably related to the default transparency limit value, like in this one: "White pixels on Forest grass with edge mode enabled"

"Looks like, V-Ray exceeded its default transparency limit (which could cause similar render artefacts). I would suggest you to increase Global switches - Max transp. levels (default value is 50). Sometimes may be necessary to modify Secondary rays bias also.

As mentioned in this "Some key notes about Areas->Boundary Checking->Edge mode" related post: "In the case of very high density scatters (like dense grass), many overlapping objects could be generated and V-Ray may exceed its default transparency limit (which can cause render artifacts)". You can find there how to fix it (use lower Density values / increase VRay's Max transp. levels)."

Hope that helps.

Best regards,