Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest 6.11 Problem with network installation and new library maps  (Read 2830 times)

link3d

Hey everyone,

we just installed Forest 6.11 and used the FAQ guide to install the Assets to a shared network path. (https://forum.itoosoft.com/faq/installing-forestpack-6-assets-in-a-shared-network-path/)
Importing old Library Assets works just fine the mapping directory refers to our network path and all maps are found.
Now the problem is, the new library assets like the new lawns or the vertical lawns can be imported, but no maps are found.
I realised that the maps are still all in a zip file in our SharedAssets network folder (fpp-lib-presets-layerd-lawns...).
Do I have to unpack these zip-files manually and copy the maps in the maps folder? Or did we do something wrong in the installation of forest or the update manager?

Thank you for every reply!

Rokas

SharedAssets network folder is only used to skip downloading from internet.
Update manager still needs to install this package.
Rokas

link3d

In the Update Manager it shows, that all Packages are up to date. Should I uninstall all packages and reinstall them?

link3d

It did not help. I tried uninstalling al packages and reinstalling them but I have still missing maps with the new library items.

Rokas

What do You see in this folder:
%localappdata%\Itoo Software\Forest Pack Pro\lib\Presets\Vertical

This is what You should have:
Rokas

link3d

There is no ForestPackPro Folder under Local just the Railclone one.

Rokas

On one computer You must download all packages and share them on network drive.
You do see some ForestPack packages. Where are they?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 08:20:18 AM by Rokas »
Rokas

link3d

I found them istalled on an other computer in that folder, I now changed this istallation folder onto a network drive so that all other computers get the maps too.

The only thing each user has to to is manually add the user paths in 3ds max under external paths.

Thank you! I would'nt have found those files under appdata.