FP is one of the best solutions for natural environments - beside various other uses.
But I personally still struggle with really realistic grass fields..
The presets included in FP are good so far, but a even more realistic approach would be better.
If I use those presets on a larger field of grass it looks a little flat and fake.
I created some presets myself to avoid this flatness and handwork might be necessary sometimes too.
There are some ways:
- adding deformation to the ground below
- adding color variation from texture on surface
- adding noise or other variations to control scale, rotation and objects selection
- use FP objects as exclude objects to paint in other FP objects
and / or natural environment "behavior" like
- clumps of long grass at trunks of trees or along stones (where a mowers cant reach)
- or at bigger trees no grass but some dry area around trunks, those even maybe slightly lifted
Maybe it's not really a topic for a tutorial, but can be - it as well could be some thought for future presets or a discussion topic in this forum about user's tips & tricks.