Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Support for Fstorm  (Read 1854 times)

Pixelab

• Suave mari magno
    • pixelab.be
Support for Fstorm
« on: November 29, 2016, 12:56:17 PM »
Fstorm is the new kid on the block in GPU rendering, will it be added in the supported renderers list ?

thx !

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Support for Fstorm
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 02:18:45 PM »
Unfortunately for render engines which doesn't provide a SDK (as FStorm), we cannot do the implementation directly.
It must be done by their developers using Forest and RailClone SDKs, which we offer when requested.

Anyway, in this specific case Karba is the main developer of FStorm. Previously it worked for Otoy, developing Octane for 3DS Max, and he should have all tools and information available.
Of course we are willing to help if needed.

I suggest you contact with FStorm directly, expressing your interest on the integration of both products. That should motivate them to work on this issue.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 04:54:50 PM »
Correcting my previous post, checking their forum it seems Karba already implement Forest Pack support in FStorm.
I will contact him to confirm that, so we can include Fstorm in our compatibility list.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Pixelab

• Suave mari magno
    • pixelab.be
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 04:23:32 PM »
Excellent, I've not used Fstorm yet but will certainly be one day, becasue GPU will probably the way to go in 5+ years (fail to plan is plan to fail ;)