Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Support of Obj ID through FPP?  (Read 3161 times)

KO3272

Support of Obj ID through FPP?
« on: September 19, 2013, 02:00:33 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if there is a way of supporting the objects ID through a Forest Pack?

I'm in a situation here where I've got a forest of trees with like 10 different species, and I need to be able to tweak every specie individually.
It does work with materials, but with trees and multi materials, it's fastidious to go through...

The Holly Graal would be to have a check box letting you chose between the Master Obj ID (the forest pack object) or the child's Obj ID (the Obj ID of each individual geometry inside the FP), that way we could easily chose between both of them, or even better, have both :)
This would be a huge add on.

Thanks

Stan

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Support of Obj ID through FPP?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 09:10:48 AM »
We tried this functionality, but unfortunately Max see Forest as an unique object... with an unique object ID.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

UP1808

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 12:35:19 PM »
Same situation. Once rendered the image most of the time vegetation needs a bit of tweaking in photoshop, brightness.. saturation.. and so on. ObjID is the only way to select individually parts to change. In my case under a unique forest pack I have more then 10 species, it would be useful to use ObjID.

Thanks!

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 01:51:06 PM »
I'm sorry, but it's not possible to implement this feature. :(

I see two two workarounds for this issue, although both modify the original Forest:

- Switch to Custom Edit mode, select items by type (Tree Editor) and create separated Forest objects using "Detach Selection".
- Convert Forest to stand-alone objects using Forest Tools, and change IDs in the instances.

I hope that helps.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software