Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Should I “Disable Object and Freeze All forest objs” in RENDERFARM ?  (Read 4143 times)

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
Hi ,everyone in itoosoft,

I'm confused about this two options. Please help me.

Q1: It said that “Disable Object -- When enabled the object is disabled in the viewports and the render.”
Does it mean that my render farm never render the forest objects if I turn this option on when I send my scene to my renderfarm ?

Q2: It said that “Freeze All --This option allows you to Freeze ALL Forest objects in the scene, except before rendering a frame. It is useful to reduce the load on 3D Studio when there are a lot of objects.”
Does it mean that all of my forest objects never update and the value of them can’t be changed a bit when editing my scene ?
The display of forest objects never update If I turn this option on even if the position of the cameras linked to the forest objects changed BUT the forest objects will update and render normally in my renderfarm , IS IT RIGHT ?

THESE ARE SUPER VERY IMPORTANT BEFORE SENDING MY SCENE TO RENDERFARM. PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS UNEQUIVOCALLY. MANY THANKS.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 01:40:58 PM by cc8boy »
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Should I “Disable Object and Freeze All forest objs” in RENDERFARM ?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 11:40:32 AM »
Hi,

Having the Display > Build > Disable Object option enabled, it'll be not rendered.

Having the Display > Build > Freeze All Forest Object enabled, it'll be updated (& rendered) just during the rendering process.

Best regards,

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
Re: Should I “Disable Object and Freeze All forest objs” in RENDERFARM ?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 10:29:37 AM »
I had already enabled manual update viewport of each of my forest objects. Then what did “Freeze All Forest Object” acturally do to my forest objects behind the scene after I checked this checkbox ?
The improvement of loading time of my scene and the realtime viewport playback was almost imperceptible.

Is it possible to disable the viewport display(no forest objects appeared) at all to improve the performence as much as possible , but they will render normally fine ?
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.