Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Animating people with XY Local Translate effect  (Read 3265 times)

TO4398

Animating people with XY Local Translate effect
« on: March 12, 2018, 04:59:31 PM »
Hello dear forest users. I am trying to animate a forest object which contains low poly people models in a birds-eye rendering animation. I tried by adding XY Local translate in the Effects rollout. But when I turn on autokey and move the frames all the way to the end, in my case frame 300 and then set value for XOffsetEnd and YOffsetEnd I just get the people moved in the last 300 frame so nothing is happening trough all frames from 0-299 and in frame 300 they just teleport for the set Value.

Can someone help and tell me how this can be done? Thank you in advance.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Animating people with XY Local Translate effect
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 03:53:28 PM »
Hi,

Are you using the Generate Mode (the mentioned Effect isn't currently fully compatible with the Custom Edit Mode)? Please feel free to send us a simplified scene to check it here. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

TO4398

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 05:52:45 PM »
I am using Generate Mode and as I mentioned before trying to animate this effect I only achive object(people) movement in the 300th frame from 0 to 299 nothing is happening and then people get teleported :).

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 02:12:49 PM »
Hi,

There is a small bug with animating parameters in Forest Pack using Auto Key mode. This has been fixed for Forest Pack 6. The workaround is to use Set Key mode instead of autokey to create your keyframes, making sure that Key Filters is set to all.

I hope that helps, but if you have any further questions please let me know.

All the best,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software