Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: The trees in render move randomly ! I really need help, please.  (Read 2738 times)

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
Xmesh 1.1.3 sample. There are no tree appear in the forest objects but trees appear in render. But the trees in  render move randomly ! I really need help.
See the video in attachment. :'(
Forest pro pack 4.2.4

I'm looking forward your help.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:47:37 AM by cc8boy »
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: The trees in render move randomly ! I really need help, please.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 10:37:40 AM »
Hi,

Please double check you have Collisions disabled (under Distribution Map rollout) and the Boundary Checking is set to Point - as the size of the object is changing during the animation (under Areas rollout). Attaching screenshots.

If the issue persist, please send us a simplified scene (containing problematic objects) to support@itoosoft.com. Also please specify which version of 3ds Max and renderer are you using. For large files, please use a web sharing service as WeTransfer or Dropbox. We'll analyse it to identify what's causing the problem and hopefully find the solution soon. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

cc8boy

• C7design
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 10:48:55 PM »
The scene file is 2GB large.  The WeTransfer or Dropbox are blocked by the Chinese goverment. Can you down the files from http://pan.baidu.com/ ? Upload the scene is a long time and not easy job.
I've double checked. The Collisions was disabled.  And the Boundary Checking was set to Point too. These are default setting. I never change these setting unless there are special requirements.
The First frame of Xmesh was not "empty" too. But the trees were still moving randomly in render.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:50:44 PM by cc8boy »
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

cc8boy

• C7design
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 05:50:19 AM »
I tried another model in Xmesh . Doubled checked the setting your mentioned. Saved the scene, closed the MAX 2012 and loaded the scene again.  Rendered ! Unfortunately, I still got this. See my attachment.

cc8boy

• C7design
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 08:24:33 AM »
update: The trees were still moving randomly even I changed Generate mode to Custom Edit mode ! I have no idea what to do now. Please answer me soon or I can't finish my job before deadline.
It seems that the position of the trees are changing because of the changing of the bounding box size of them.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 08:29:12 AM by cc8boy »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 11:29:17 AM »
Hi,

Thanks a lot for the simplified scene. We localized a bug while using random Translation under Transform tab. Please switch off this option, that will solve the issue. Rotation and Scale randomization you can use without any restrictions.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

cc8boy

• C7design
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 11:29:13 PM »
Finally, I disabled the translation in Transform tab. I keep the first frame of the Xmesh object sample not “empty”.
But I still encountered a serious problem.
1.   When I choose “Follow Geometry” mode in Animation tab. The shape of growth trees is normal during the animation.
2.   When I choose “Random samples” mode in Animation tab. The shape of growth trees become strange suddenly during the animation !
Please see my attachments. Compare the Xmesh Sample tree with the trees in the forest object carefully. What’s wrong with my settings?
This is the scene I sent you. But the xmesh folder I sent you does not contain all the frames.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 05:49:18 PM »
Hi,

We have found that XMeshLoader could produce issues when used in combination with Random Samples animation mode.

Anyway, there is workaround using various XMeshLoader objects with different Frame Offset values. Once made copies of the XMeshLoader object with changed Frame Offset values, these can be used as Custom Objects under Geometry rollout inside of Forest Pack. This way you can reproduce the desired effect also using Follow Geometry animation mode. Attaching screenshot showing where the Frame Offset could be adjusted.

Hope this helps you.

Kind regards,

cc8boy

• C7design
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 07:31:13 PM »
Thanks for the reply. This workaround is good. But make the forest pro object much more complex. I'm going to use an animate map on the surface to trigger the animation of each tree. Not just random growing. Is it impossible to use map to control the animation of each xmesh tree now ?

If the animation map controlling failed, maybe my idea will be failed.
I hope you will fix the problem about Random Samples animation mode and map control animation mode with xmesh objects.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 08:47:02 AM »
No, sorry. Animation map uses the same technique of random samples: getting samples at frames different of current time, which seems not supported by XMesh.

Perhaps it would be done using a Diversity map, to define what XMesh object must be placed at each position. Much more complex that Animation Map, but i don't see other way.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software