Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest Tools  (Read 3740 times)

freelancer83d

Forest Tools
« on: January 31, 2018, 11:13:15 AM »
Hello,
When I use the Forest Tools to translate to instances, when the operation is completed, the check mark in the Forest Lister is not disabled. If I do a similar operation in the RailClone, then the object is disabled.

Also, in the Create group mode, objects automatically do not become frozen and are do not displayed as boxes. Is it possible to add this feature (freezing and displaying as a box) as it works in the Move to layer mode that the objects remained on the layers where there is but at the same time became frozen and displayed as a box

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Forest Tools
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 04:45:30 PM »
Hi, if i remember well, Forest Tools was implemented before there was a "Display->Disable Object" option (which is linked with the checkbox in the Lister).

Instead, we used the Geometry List, setting all entries to  "Disabled". It has the same effect, although is less elegant.
I will check it we can change that, to work in the same way than RailClone.

I also added your suggestions to our wishlist, regarding the freezing / box options.

Thanks for your feedback,

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

freelancer83d

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 10:15:06 AM »
Thanks for your reply.
Maybe I did not quite rightly explain. I meant that after completing the operation, the checkmark does not turn off, but at the same time objects in the Geometry List become "Disabled" as it should be.
If do the same operation with RailColne, the checkmark becomes disabled.

I just want to draw your attention to the work of checkmark enable/disable. It does not turn off automatically, as it works in a RailColne

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 01:27:05 PM »
Yes, i understand you.

What i tried to explain is that the checkmark in the Lister is linked with "Display->Disable object" option in Forest (same for RailClone).
But actually this option is not touched by Forest Tools, because it uses a different method (setting Geometry List to "Disable"). For this reason the checkmark doesn't change.

Once we change the disable method to the same as RC (turning off "Display->Disable Object"), it should be synchronized with the Lister.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

freelancer83d

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 01:34:52 PM »
Thank you. I understood